1986- Setterwalls (2004-2007 Managing Partner)
1988, Haight, Gardner, Poor & Havens Law Firm, New York (Jantzen Scholarship)
1986, Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law, Oslo
1983-1986, Stockholm District Court and the Stockholm Administrative Court of Appeals, Assistant Judge
1984, Rea, Grundberg & Co. Law Firm, London
1982, National Board of Taxation
1981-1982, Student Union of the University of Stockholm, Student Legal Advisor
1981, University of Stockholm (Business Administration)
1980, University of Stockholm and University of Lund (LL.M.)
Selected Recent Cross-BorderTransactions
- Advisor to Icelandic group Össur in acquisition of TeamOlmed from Volati (May 2013)
- Advisor to German Phoenix Contact in acquisition of Pressmaster from Latour Industries (November 2012)
- Advisor to Samsung in acquisition of Nanoradio (July 2012)
- Advisor to private equity fund FSN Capital in the sale to Via Travel to Egencia (May 2012)
- Advisor to the environmental technology company Wallenius Water AB in China (present)
- Advisor to ZeroChaos in finance transaction with PNC Bank (February 2012)
- Advisor to the management of Orchid in the acquisition of Swedish private equity firm Altor Fund III of Orchid from US private equity firm Churchill Equity (July 2011)
- Advisor to ZeroChaos and US private equity firm Snow Phipps in acquisition of Madeo Sourcing Group (July 2011)
- Advisor to Bodycote Group in syndicated credit facility up to GBP 125 million (July 2011)
- Advisor to Icelandic group Össur in refinance transaction of USD 231 million (March 2011)
- "International Liability of Corporate Directors", (Sweden), Juris Publishing, Inc (2012).
- ”Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Europe” (Sweden), Juris Publishing, Inc (2012).
- Factoring and pledging of trade receivables, Banking & Finance Report (November 2011).
- "Revamp of the VC market? Advising the entrepreneur on raising capital", The International Bar Association Closely Held and Growing Enterprises Committee e-bulletin September 2010.
- "EU must sign prohibition of ballast discharges", Dagens Industri, 17 August 2009.
- "The Rail Road Committee - balanced system for information and ticket-booking for railroad passengers regardless of operators", report to the Swedish Government's Agency for Public Management (June 2008).
- "Multiple Representations in Auctions", M&A Report (April 2008).
- "Getting the Deal Through - Corporate Governance - Sweden", 2004, 2005 and 2006.
- "Penalties for economic crimes must be tightened", Dagens Nyheter, 14 December 2003.
- "Let prosecutors hire corporate lawyers", Dagens Industri, 16 April 2002.
- "Bank's and Financial Institutions' Outsourcing of Business Activities", European Banking Review, vol. III (May 2000).
- "The New Market for Corporate Law", Magazine of the Swedish Bar Association "Advokaten" (December 1999).
- "Bank's Risktaking in Financing Ships Calling US-ports", Scandinavian Shipping Gazette (May 1995).
- "Some Selected Topis for Shipowners", Scandinavian Shipping 1988.
Håkan has published articles and given speaches at international conferences regarding inter alia corporate governance, board and management liability, controlled auctions, term sheet negotiation and law firm management.